- Get very high resolution orthorectified optical imagery
- With 14 bits/pixel best for spectral analysis
- Generate appealing mosaics
- Get sub-meter afternoon imagery
- Additional chances to acquire cloud free images (Local time: 13:30)
- Save credits with short time licenses
Since 2012 KOMPSAT-3 provides panchromatic (PAN) imagery at 0.5 m and multispectral (MS) imagery at 2.0 m resolution. KOMPSAT-3 data are best suited for semi-automated or automated processes to extract information for agricultural applications, land and urban planning, natural disaster management, geological monitoring and bathymetry.
The high quantization of 14 bits/pixel simplifies the interpretation of targets under shadow, improves the classification accuracy of automated algorithms and allows humans to convey more information. Three-dimensional models can be generated using the single pass stereo imaging capability. With this high-resolution optical imagery you can create most appealing mosaics for background maps in your geographical information systems.
On EOhopS Store you can order the data for temporary use on a hosted processing environment, the Workbench for Science. You can select between 3, 6 or 12 months subscription period. The data will be delivered to your workbench either as pansharpened data set or as bundle consisting of the panchromatic (PAN) and the 4 multispectral (MS) channels.
Off the shelf
KOMPSAT-3 is an optical high-resolution Korean observation mission of KARI (Korea Aerospace Research Institute). The objective is to provide observation continuity from the KOMPSAT-1 and KOMPSAT-2 missions to meet the nation's needs for high-resolution optical imagery required for GIS (Geographical Information Systems) and other environmental, agricultural and oceanographic monitoring applications.
Millions of data sets have been acquired and the archive is constantly increasing. Data continuity is guaranteed by long-term government commitment. With a data acquisition at 13:30 local time, KOMPSAT-3 is a unique source to increase the possibility of taking cloud-free images over specific targets.
PAN: 450 ~ 900 nm
MS1 (B): 450 ~ 520 nm
MS2 (G): 520 ~ 600 nm
MS3 (R): 630 ~ 690 nm
MS4 (N): 760 ~ 900 nm
Quantization: 14 bits/pixel
Map projection / Datum: UTM / WGS84
Location accuracy: 19.96 m RMSE, <30.3 m CE 90 with POD/PAD
Orbit: Sun synchronous
Altitude: 685 km
Inclination: 98.14 deg
Local acquisition time: 01:30 pm
Swath Width: 16 km (nadir)
Configure and order
- Select data: Click here to select your imagery in CloudEO catalogue.
- Delivery package: Select one option. There is no difference in price.
- Subscription period: You can access the data on your workbench for the selected period.
- Remarks: If you have some questions or comments, please just insert them into the remarks field.