- Combine infrared and very high resolution imagery
- Achieve highly accurate landcover classifications
- Due to 14 bits/pixel best suited for spectral analysis
- Generate appealing mosaics
- Save credits with short time licenses
Since 2015 KOMPSAT-3A provides panchromatic imagery at 0.4 m and multispectral imagery at 1.6 m resolution. It combines very high resolution together with an infrared channel supporting many GIS (Geographical Information Systems) applications in environmental, agricultural and oceanographic sciences as well as natural disasters.
On EOhopS Store you can order the data for temporary use on a hosted processing environment, the Workbench for Science. You can select between 3, 6 or 12 months subscription period. The data will be delivered to your workbench either as pansharpened data set or as bundle consisting of the panchromatic (PAN) and the 4 multispectral (MS) channels.
Off the shelf
KOMPSAT-3A is Korea's first Earth observation/Infrared satellite with two imaging systems on board. It was launched in May 2012 from Japan's Tanegashima Space Center. Except of the infrared capability KOMPSAT-3A is the sister of KOMPSAT-3, using an identical satellite bus and payload. The satellite will expand the existing constellation and ensure data continuity after KOMPSAT-3 reaches is planned EOL (End-of-Life) date after three to five years of operation.
Its local access time is very unique at 13:30 hours, which is the same as that of KOMPSAT-3. However, since KOMPSAT-3A was put into lower orbit than KOMPSAT-3 (528 km for KOMPSAT-3A versus 675 km for KOMPSAT-3), it delivers clearer and sharper imagery. The same imaging time and similar payload with KOMPSAT-3 will amplify its capacity and help to even out the difference of the color.
PAN: 450 ~ 900 nm
MS1 (B): 450 ~ 520 nm
MS2 (G): 520 ~ 600 nm
MS3 (R): 630 ~ 690 nm
MS4 (N): 760 ~ 900 nm
Quantization: 14 bits/pixel
Map projection / Datum: UTM / WGS84
Location accuracy: 7.38 m RMSE, <11.2 m CE 90 with POD/PAD
Orbit: Sun synchronous
Altitude: 528 km
Inclination: 98.14 deg
Local acquisition time: 01:30 pm
Swath width: 13 km (nadir)
Configure and order
- Select data: Click here to select your imagery in CloudEO catalogue.
- Delivery package: Select one option. There is no difference in price.
- Subscription period: You can access the data on your workbench for the selected period.
- Remarks: Insert any questions or comments here.