- High resolution radar data
- Spatial resolution: ≥ 0.25 m
- Independent of weather conditions and illumination
- Request on demand data
- Archive covers majority of the earth’s surface
- Derive geo-information easily on CloudEO Workbench
Successfully launched on June 15th, 2007, TerraSAR-X has been fully operational since early 2008. With its active antenna, the spacecraft acquires high-quality X-band radar images of the entire planet whilst circling Earth in a polar orbit at 514 km altitude. TerraSAR-X is designed to carry out its task for 5.5 years, independent of weather conditions and illumination, and reliably provides radar imagery with a resolution of up to 1m and a unique geometric accuracy. Key Technical Features include:
- Active phased array X-band SAR
- Single, dual and quad polarisation
- Side-looking acquisition geometry
- Sun-synchronous dawn-dusk repeat orbit
- Repetition rate: 11 days; due to swath overlay, a 2.5 day revisit time (2 days at 95% probability) to any point on Earth can be achieved
- Orbit altitude range from 512 km to 530 km
All TerraSAR-X acquisition modes are highly complementary with the full portfolio of Airbus Defence and Space's constellation capabilities - particularly the high resolution SPOT 6 & 7 imagery or even very high resolution Pléiades imagery. A combination of radar and optical imagery is particularly valuable for reliable monitoring needs or derivation of complementary information to see the full picture (e.g. oil spill monitoring).
On EOhopS Store you can order the data for use on a hosted processing environment, the Workbench for Science. The data will be delivered to your workbench and is ready to use.
Off the shelf
TerraSAR-X data sets
Configure and order
- Select data: Click here to select your imagery in CloudEO catalogue.
- Number of scenes: Please confirm here the number of scenes you selected.
- Remarks: If you have some questions or comments, please just insert them into the remarks field.
Don't forget that you need a Workbench for Science for the full time period within which you like to use the data. If you do not have a workbench already, book it here. If you need help with your selection, just contact us.
There might be additional information required during the approval process. We will contact you if necessary.
Pricing / Licensing
The price is based on the number of scenes. This is a Restrained Product. Its use is governed by EOhopS EULA, and any download of raster data is prohibited. You can request to download your results in vector format through CloudEO checkout or to publish as WMS. The data sets are made available through DLR TSX-TDX program and CloudEO representative takes the role of a Principal Investigator towards DLR. The EOhopS EULA applies to you as if you were a Principal Investigator to DLR.